Doblin, a Deloitte business, is seeking experienced and disciplined design researchers to join our New York and Chicago studios and bring empathy and perceptiveness to our teams as we imagine and bring to life future products, services, and experiences.
As an Insights Consultant, you will be a core member of our integrated, multi-disciplinary teams, providing actionable insight at every step as we tackle our clients' most complex challenges. If you are passionate about using the power of good research to reframe fuzzy and multi-faceted client problems, keep reading.
Work You'll Do
Doblin is a pioneer in applying ethnography to the practice of business and innovation. We know the value of a well-crafted insight and the impact it has on our clients and our work.
Our Insights Consultants are relentlessly curious, always empathetic, and deeply appreciative of the complexities of our world and of the human condition. They uncover, distill, and communicate insights that inspire change and drive transformation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own substantive elements of your team's research agenda by planning and executing research activities and selecting suitable methodologies to explore human and business needs
- Develop compelling insights by synthesizing complex qualitative and quantitative data and communicate them in ways that make clear their implications and spur innovation
- Work with your team to apply actionable insight throughout the design process, including concept and business model design, and launching and scaling solutions in-market
- Support the design and facilitation of engaging workshops with internal teams, clients, and other stakeholders
- Synthesize key trends, sourced data and insight from Deloitte's global network of industry and domain experts, to amplify the impact of your team's work
- Apply your expertise across industries and at multiple levels of ambition
- Contribute to the development of client pitches and intellectual property with research into trends in industries and in the fields of social science, innovation, and human-centered design
- Be part of a like-minded community of design researchers, local and global, with incredible opportunities for mentorship and career growth
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in social sciences or another insights-related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience conducting research in a business context (agency or consultancy experience preferred)
- A portfolio demonstrating examples of research work and outcomes, including discussion of how insights were generated and applied
- Willingness to be based in New York or Chicago
- Ability to travel at least 60% (while at least 60% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience in developing research plans that combine qualitative and quantitative methods
- Confidence in leading in-person and remote interviews, observations, and participatory design activities
- Skill in synthesizing data into compelling, actionable insights and recommendations
- Proven planning, organization, and documentation skills
- The ability to respond proactively and thoughtfully to critique, especially as insights are refined and applied to the team's work
- Demonstrable comfort with the ambiguity of working in and defining unknown spaces
- Experience working in dynamic conditions that require fast iterations and rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work, including in Agile teams
- An instinct to infuse empathy into all aspects of your work
- Compelling written and spoken communication skills when working with teams and clients
- Participation in the Doblin community, continually pushing the boundaries to advance our insights capabilities
- Ability to provide feedback and guidance to junior and aspiring researchers
Who We Are
Doblin is a global innovation firm focused on solving complex problems that matter through a rigorous, interdisciplinary approach. Since 1981, we've pioneered the discipline of innovation and helped leading organizations navigate turbulent environments. Through a combination of design, strategy, social science, and technology, we help companies anticipate and seize new business opportunities using human-centered design. We believe in working together in cross-functional teams from diverse backgrounds to do our best work.
Doblin joined Deloitte Consulting LLP back in 2013, giving us unparalleled access to robust technology, operational, and implementation capabilities. We work with other like-minded folks to continue to push boundaries.Eligibility
The Applied Design Insights Consultant position is open to all eligible candidates. Beause of our desire to have a diverse slate of candidates who are female and/or Black or African-American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or two or more races are strongly encouraged to apply.
CSADCM Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 41057
Apply on company website