Government & Public Services Federal Risk Senior Manager
The Government & Public Services (GPS) Risk Management Team is currently seeking a full-time dedicated Risk Manager with a primary focus on Federal. Below is a detailed list of responsibilities for this role:
The GPS Federal Risk Senior Manager will be responsible for supporting Deloitte Consulting's GPS practice. The candidate must have extensive Federal client delivery experience as well as experience managing the negotiation and administration of large professional services contracts. Additional experience with complex Information Technology implementation and service contracts is desirable.
Guidance and support to senior business leaders within the firm
- Serve as liaison between Principals, Directors, and Senior Managers of the firm and the Office of General Counsel
- Advise practice leadership on potential quality and risk management issues within his/her offering portfolio
- Provide guidance on risk mitigation strategies, contract formation and contract management
- Facilitate internal compliance with contract terms, risk management policies and procedures, and management directives
Proposal process and negotiation
- Facilitate engagement review process for higher risk engagements and participate in pricing decisions
- Consult with firm Principals and Directors on Requests for Proposals, Teaming Agreements, and Non-Disclosures Agreements
- Conduct Risk Consultations for all higher risk engagements prior to proposal submission
- Interpret contract requirements and obligations and provide guidance to engagement teams
- Negotiate professional services contracts with a primary focus on reducing and mitigating delivery and contractual risks associated with the services being provided. Services contracts include Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Engagement Letters, Professional Services Agreements, and Subcontractor Agreements
- Interpret requirements of the contract
- Monitor compliance with professional standards and contractual obligations
- Analyze and assess potential impacts associated with contract delivery risks
- Assist in client negotiations with clients to resolve contractual issues
- Provide guidance to reduce project risks, adjust contract requirements to accommodate changing project circumstances, and manage expectations to contractual obligations and agreed upon performance standards
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- 5 years of Significant Federal client delivery experience
- 5 years of interpreting requirements of contracts
- Experience managing the negotiation and administration of large professional services contracts
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and influence teams (direct or indirect resources)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with complex Information Technology implementation and service contracts desirable
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 28311
Apply on company website