Government and Public Services (GPS) Client Relationship Executive (CRE)
Higher Education Sector – Risk & Financial Advisory (RFA)
Are you driven by a passion for spearheading industry-leading business development initiatives? Do you excel in cultivating business relationships with clients across the GPS Higher Education Sector? If so, a career as a Client Relationship Executive could be the right role for you.
Deloitte is seeking high performing candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, significant Higher Education experience, strong relationship management skills and a proven track record in selling professional services to Government & Public Services (GPS) clients.
As a Higher Education Client Relationship Executive, you will:
- Drive targeting efforts across the breadth of a client's business units and functions
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue
- Build relationships with key executives to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities and close sales
- Identify and influence key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
- Assist the account team with qualifying, pursuing and closing opportunities
- Play a leadership role in pursuits and an oversight role in the development of proposals
- Coordinate the efforts of Deloitte's cross-disciplinary teams
- Work closely with Deloitte's Higher Education leaders to ensure that higher education client business and financial plans are developed, monitored and that pursuit processes are consistently executed across the account
- Identify and build “whitespace” and “green space” client relationships, leveraging personal, professional and Firm networks
- Provide account and pursuit teams with deep knowledge of the client's engagement history, culture, organizational structure, competitive landscape and differentiators from the client's perspective
- Utilize broad understanding of Deloitte's service offerings and POVs to identify and co-develop holistic, tailored solutions to address client needs
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping government initiatives today. Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach.
We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public-sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Government marketplace.
The GPS Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years' experience as a relationship and/or business development manager serving Federal Government clients/Higher Education clients
- 8+ years' experience with strong professional services sales management knowledge
- 5+ years' experience with a proven track record doing capture and sales with working knowledge of the Higher Education market (i.e., President/Chancellor, Provost, CFO, CIO, CHRO, CISO, etc.)
- Working knowledge of competitive and teaming landscape; proven ability to assemble teams, teaming relationships
- “Hunter” mindset with a strong track record of creating new opportunities and adding new business
- Experience selling large, complex Technology and IT Modernization projects
- Ability to work with the Higher Education – Risk & Financial Advisory account team and leaders
- Expertise in driving call plans and developing value propositions
- Ability to create new accounts and close new business
- Experience in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Success in playing a leading role within an account team framework (i.e. working effectively with Lead Client Service Partners, Service Line/Industry leaders, practitioners and other business development professionals)
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in client pursuits
- Strong background in crafting and delivering proposals
- US Citizenship
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15362
Apply on company website