Facilities Specialist | One Team | Business Services | Workplace Experience
Location: Wichita, Kansas
This position is responsible for facilities oversight and support as well as related office services support at a facility located in Wichita, Kansas on the campus of Wichita State University. The Smart Factory @ Wichita (SF@W) is an immersive experience that features a fully connected end-to-end production line. Furnished with the latest in physical and digital technology representing all categories of factory advancements, the facility is a launching pad for collaboration across all areas of smart operation.
Work you'll do
- Support facility management for regular maintenance needs (per contracts, if applicable), one?off repair and maintenance, space planning, and special facilities projects including coordination and communication with property management, vendors and internal stakeholders, where appropriate for role and under direction of department manager/lead.
- Partner with factory floor/production line subject matter experts to ensure consistent, efficient factory operations are maintained and in working order
- Ensure physical space is maintained and in good repair by reviewing space and addressing needs for maintenance and general repairs identified personally or by customers or other department staff. This includes lighting repairs, carpet cleaning needs, janitorial needs, etc. Incorporates follow-up procedures to ensure all requests/needs have been completed and to satisfaction.
- Support other facility needs/services which may include mail and copy/print support, customer requests related to security and badge system, facility needs (e.g. hot/cold, broken chair/office furniture, internal moves, light replacement), furniture/equipment inspections and repairs research, purchase of small replacement appliances or equipment and other misc. items.
- Support facility and vendor management by engaging/coordinating with vendors and proactively identifying, reporting, and helping facilitate resolution for issues/repairs (in coordination with other team members, if applicable).
- Support tracking of vendor contracts, equipment warranties, facilities reporting and systems, disaster/business continuity planning, office greening efforts, and other requests that require tracking and reporting.
- Maintain and enforce standard office security procedures/badge systems and life safety program with assistance of management and team. Ensures compliance with required facility processes/procedures (both within Deloitte and as dictated by lease/property management).
- Work with landlord to ensure all services to be provided by the landlord are received by Deloitte including building and grounds maintenance, ice and snow removal and all landscaping services.
- Monitor all costs for compliance with firm policy/procedures and alignment with budget and ensures that service providers are paid within a reasonable timeframe.
- Purchase, monitor and ensure appropriate stocking of factory floor and other supplies.
- Manage maintenance contracts on facilities equipment and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Maintain knowledge and uses departmental software, as required.
- Cross-train in other department service areas to provide back-up support as needed.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as required or as assigned by leadership team.
At Deloitte, the internal operations team provides a full range of hospitality and business services. We help our Deloitte professionals with daily office support needs, meeting and event planning and execution, and an array of other services related to office operations and facility management. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and skills to think proactively to provide a holistic customer-centric “experience” for our Deloitte professionals, clients, and guests.
- High school diploma; bachelor's or associate degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related facilities experience preferably a combination of both factory and corporate, customer-centric environments
- Strong technical skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of basic facility systems: HVAC, electrical, security, process piping (air, water)
- Basic knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions related to building maintenance
- Basic knowledge of leases
- Knowledge of sustainable equipment, such as solar systems, wind-generated electrical devices, green roofs, battery storage systems preferred
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking and ability to anticipate needs
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends and on-call for emergencies
- Must be willing to be trained in all functional office support areas
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 34143
Apply on company website