Energy Technology Specialist
Our Technology Services Optimization team works with clients to transform their technology delivery by collaborating with CIOs, Executives, and their teams. Together we work to establish IT operating models based on the implications of advanced technologies, new/evolving service models for technology, and the operational expectations of an organization.
Our team of experienced technologists understand the interwoven nature technology plays in all aspects of today's business environment and focus on helping our clients shift from foundational delivery of technology to be the strategic business partner and catalyst for change. Our Agile/DevOps/Lean technology experts work to transform the workforce of our clients into the next generation of technology service delivery teams.
• 5-15 years of professional experience in corporate research and development, academia, government research, advanced engineering, and/or science, engineering, and technology consulting.
• Background in influencing the energy industry over 5-15 year time horizon. Broadly defined but including direct and indirect technology enablement of energy efficiency, generation, transmission, distribution, transportation, and agriculture.
• Experience with working across public, private, and non-governmental sectors, with focus on the intersections between sectors.
• Demonstrated experience producing data-driven, peer-reviewed work, studies, models, or analysis for technical audiences
• Experience implementing, managing, and/or guiding federally funded scientific or engineering research programs preferred
• Willingness to adapt with uncertainty - continually test, validate, and learn within a dynamic environment
• Travel up to 25% or more (While 25% or more travel is a requirement of the role,
due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• PhD in area of expertise, masters degrees considered with exceptional professional experience.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20EPTSODCSRCN-71705
Apply on company website