Employer Health Consultant
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in communication, transformation and technology? A solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment with a strong company culture, without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our innovative and forward-thinking US Delivery Center (USDC).
At Deloitte's US Delivery Center (USDC) we help clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value. The USDC leverages scale, talent, and a center delivery model to provide high quality, cost-effective service with standardized processes and procedures. Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Our delivery centers are based in Mechanicsburg, PA, Lake Mary, FL and Gilbert, AZ.
Work you'll do
In this position, you will assist Deloitte Managers and Partners in providing strategic and technical employee benefit consulting services to plan sponsors (e.g., employers, municipal governments, health & welfare funds, etc.). This role is heavily centered on serving Deloitte Consulting's client who require ongoing health and welfare advisory services, similar to that of a traditional brokerage arrangement.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare self-insured financial projections
- Conduct employee benefits diagnostic/planning studies
- Develop plan designs and employee contribution scenarios
- Manage/conduct competitive vendor search and selection initiatives for medical, dental, pharmacy, life and disability programs
- Review health plan performance, including reviewing and negotiating premium rate/administrative fee renewals
- Prepare client presentations and reports
- Provide day-to-day account service to clients
- Build strong relationships with clients based on service
- Conduct other general health & welfare consulting activities, as required
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 4+ years of Employer Health experience
- Underwriting experience
- Strong critical thinking and technical skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and follow through
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision while still working as part of a team
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Must be willing to live in or within a commutable distance to the Gilbert, AZ, Mechanicsburg, PA, or Lake Mary, FL delivery center(s)
- Limited sponsorship: Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- 4+ years of brokerage and/or consulting experience
- Technical background in underwriting
- Strong understanding of health care plan design
- Knowledge of other health & welfare benefit plans (e.g., life, disability, dental, etc.)
- Master's degree is a plus
- CEBS designation is a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 20613
Apply on company website