Resell Contracts & Compliance Manager
Are you a contracts & compliance professional who has strong negotiating skills, pays attention to detail, has outstanding oral/written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a matrixed organization? If so, Deloitte is currently seeking candidates for a Resell Contracts & Compliance Manager (CCM) role.
Work You Will Do:
The CCM will focus on formalizing agreements and relationships with key vendors in the ecosystem whose products are offered by Deloitte pursuit teams to our clients, and adherence to all the contractual and compliance elements that are required when conducting business. This role involves:
- Oversee and manage resell activities performed by team members. Provide feedback and coaching to team members.
Vendor and contract management
- Support vetting and onboarding new vendors whose products Deloitte can resell.
- Understand vendors' resell programs, discount rates and criteria, commission fees and requirements, and any other margin levers and requirements available with that vendor.
- Understand the business case and justification for establishing a resell relationship with a new vendor.
- Have a firm grasp of and be able to articulate to vendors and Deloitte leadership the nuance that leads to a successful reselling relationship.
- Provide guidance regarding Independence considerations to the Resell and pursuit teams.
- Understand, recognize, and articulate terms that must be present in every vendor agreement, and terms than cannot be accepted in any vendor agreement, and why.
- Review proposed agreements and provide comments to assist the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) in their preparation of redline documents.
- Review and provide revisions, when applicable, to vendor quotes, client-facing quotes, and other contractual documents and act as liaison between DCPS, DTPC, Deloitte Tax Products Company and Deloitte Consulting, Advisory, and Tax leadership, Deloitte Engagement Teams, OGC, and other relevant Deloitte stakeholders to negotiate and manage multiple agreements while ensuring adherence to company policies and conformance to Deloitte Agreements, including Reseller, Resale, Teaming, Subcontract, Software License, and Nondisclosure, and other related Agreements.
- Interpret, understand and communicate key contractual requirements and obligations
- Draft client-facing Resale Agreements and vendor-facing Reseller Agreements
- Update key pipeline tracking database and contract repository to ensure real-time visibility across all Deloitte stakeholders
- Frequently interact with Deloitte's senior management, vendors' executive management, sales management, and cross-functional teams to provide key updates.
- Provide contract guidance and support to senior business leaders within the Firm.
- Effectively and efficiently facilitate status updates, communications, and coordination between the vendors' management team members and internal customers at all management levels within Deloitte.
- Provide support for new compliance and contracting initiatives that may result from the firm's expansion of its Resell business. Ventures include but are not limited to alternative payment structures, exportation of resold products to overseas client locations, and on-boarding and education of new, start-up-esque vendors to Deloitte reselling.
- Provide support in implementing compliance policies, procedures and best practices.
- Coordinate independence reviews to vendors to ensure the Firm's adherence to AICPA and SEC Auditor Independence Requirements.
- Proactively work with Deloitte's National Office of Independence and National Risk Management to resolve issues that might conflict with DCPS' business relationships with vendors.
- Deliver training to Deloitte personnel regarding independence compliance policies, process and tools to establish marketplace business relationships, and application to policy related to independence.
The CCM is a member of Deloitte's Resell team, working closely with a broad spectrum of product vendors and Deloitte practice leadership. The CCM's focus is on securing the relationships and agreements with vendors needed for Deloitte to successfully offer technology to our client, while adhering to all compliance requirements. Additionally, this individual ensures consistency with agreements in all the associated documentation associated with a product sale.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience with all aspects of vendor/client contracting process, including management, negotiations, risk mitigation, and close-out
- Background in negotiating all phases of an agreement lifecycle
- Experience in contract administration and review procedures and best practices.
- Experience managing, coaching, mentoring, and developing direct reports
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and professional skepticism
- Experience managing multiple and extremely complex projects at the same time while achieving outstanding results
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Database management experience
- Superior Internet research skills
- 3+ years of legal related experience
- Experience working for or with product resellers
- Prior public accounting or consulting services experience is preferred
- Prior experience with independence pronouncements, standards and rules for professional audit firms a plus
- Knowledge of Firm Independence, Ethics and Compliance policies
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 19319
Apply on company website