Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. At Deloitte, we are creating a world-class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) Center of Excellence to enhance Deloitte's existing services and empower our clients to gain exponential value from their data. Our focus is on bringing data, analytics, and technology together with our deep expertise in multiple industries to drive new product development and significant automation/efficiencies. We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning experts with strong experience in Deep Learning that want to be part of a team that has an opportunity to make a significant impact.
Work you'll do
You will be responsible for leading and directing a team focused on developing cutting-edge quantitative solutions to our client's most challenging problems. You will develop and apply technical skills, apply quantitative methods to challenging AI and Machine Learning problems across multiple industries. Opportunities to assist clients will span from Life sciences (genetics, new medicines development) to Cyber Security to Fraud/Waste/Abuse detection to capital markets modeling. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to deepen your skills, learn new industries, and work within a global community with strong support from experienced experts in the field. Data Scientists will:
- Apply rigorous data science practices on specific projects
- Create algorithms to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals
- Lead discussions at peer review and use quantitative skills to positively influence decision making
- Effectively explain technical concepts
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to build, test, and validate predictive models
- Deploy algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large databases
- Compare results from various methodologies and recommend best techniques to stakeholders
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts across multiple industries
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies
Data Scientists must also:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Continuously look for opportunities to learn, build skills, and share learning.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious, and bold; to solve novel problems and have the potential to directly impact the lives of people around the world. We have impressive toolkits and clients with world class data, and we are now looking for talented people to join our team.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field
- Completed courses in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Statistics, and Programming
- Experience with a programming language such as Python.
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow/Keras
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality code (readable, well-tested)
- Demonstrated ability to develop machine learning models
- Travel up to 50% may be required, dependent on role and location
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- AI/ML publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Top 10% entry on a Kaggle Leaderboard
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting)
- Experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL)
- Experience with version control practices and tools (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 7911
Apply on company website