Are you interested in improving the cyber and organizational risk profiles of leading companies? Do you want to be involved in delivering Detect and Respond Managed / Security Operations Center (SOC) Services including threat hunting? Are you excited about rapidly changing operational environments, learning what you need to get the job done, and producing accurate and timely results?
If yes, then Deloitte's Detect and Respond Fusion Managed Services team could be the place for you! Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping cyber initiatives today. Deloitte's FMS business is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Delivering our industry leading services requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated services provider in helping to transform the cyber security services marketplace.
Our team is client focused and mission driven. As a Cyber Risk Detect and Respond Threat Hunter in Deloitte's Detect and Respond Managed Services, you'll work with our diverse teams of passionate professionals to help solve for some of today's toughest cybersecurity challenges to enable or clients to achieve business growth and manage risk.
Work you'll do
As a Detect and Respond Threat Hunter, you will support the Security Operations Center (SOC) by researching relevant threat actors, attack vectors, and behaviors pertinent to client industries and to each client's network environment in particular.
- Research trending campaigns, attack vectors, and search for these in client environments
- Be tool agnostic – our Threat Hunting tools may differ from client to client, and we value concepts over tools. The ideal candidate must possess an acute ability to adapt to any tool
- When needed, work with alerts from the SOC Analysts, to perform in depth analysis and triage threat activity based on host and network activity, traffic, and protocol analysis to identify infection vectors, the extent of the infection, and prepare high quality reports based on findings
- Respond to client specific investigation requests around software/application vulnerabilities, zero days, and security incidents
- Document all actions taken in a ticketing workflow management system
- Adhere to internal operational security and other Deloitte policies
- Hunt for new patterns, activities, and ever-changing tactics associated with advanced threat actors
- Provide Security information and event management (SIEM) content development and testing support
- When necessary, devise and document new techniques, automation, and procedures along with the service leadership
- Foster a culture of collaboration and build team members' strengths
- Collaborate with senior hunters for investigations
- BA or BS in Computer Science or Information Management and relevant work experience
- 1+ years working in security information and/or technology engineering support experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certification in Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Continuous Monitoring (GMON), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT infrastructure, and have experience with SIEM technologies, EDR solutions, forensics tools, malware analysis
- Knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) tactics, technics and procedures
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in security technologies such as: Security information and event management (SIEM), IDS/IPS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Proxy, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Endpoint detection and response (EDR), Anti-Virus, Sandboxing, network- and host- based firewalls, Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing, etc.
- Understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity, etc.
- Understanding of common network infrastructure devices such as routers and switches
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S
- Basic knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Basic knowledge in programming languages such as Python, Java or Ruby
- Works well both in a team environment and independently
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 53207
Apply on company website