Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. Traditional security and integrated risk programs have often been unsuccessful in unifying the need to both secure, automate and support technology innovation required by the business.
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated business and cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs. We work across a variety of different risk and compliance programs that extend well beyond Cyber Risk. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
Work you'll do
- Perform Splunk configuration management, troubleshooting, addressing complex issues including day to day operations management related to Splunk.
- Log sources integration and onboarding including custom parser development and tuning. Develop scripts to simplify data collection and automate data onboarding tasks.
- Perform Splunk architecture assessments, design reviews and come up with areas of improvements.
- Help maintain content development/deployment baseline across clients based on the maturity of the client environment as well as the latest trends in security.
- Create Use Case pipeline per client environment, business needs and based on the industry leading standards, best practices and frameworks (like MITRE).
- Deliver SIEM advisory support and education to other SOC and technology management personnel.
- Help define, implement and monitor key risk indicators and key performance indicators (KRIs/KPIs).
- Keep abreast of latest IT security, regulatory and compliance trends to support various risk and data models.
- Review system security plans, network diagrams, and vulnerability and patching requirements.
- Develop scripts to simplify data collection and automate data onboarding tasks.
- Perform quality review of HLUC, TUC, Use Case Testing, Parser, Runbooks and other Technical documents.
- Submit documentation through the Quality Review Management process.
- Mentor and train Junior Splunk resources.
- Coordinate with various technical groups and attend in-person client meetings.
- Build relationships with client counterpart (i.e. Client Lead Security Engineer).
- Adhere to internal operational security and other Deloitte policies.
- Participate in short term project work as assigned.
· Bachelor of engineering or Science in computers, information systems, information security, Math, decision sciences, risk management, or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience in security information and/or technology engineering support.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certification in Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Continuous Monitoring (GMON), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent
- Extensive experience in security technologies such as: Security information and event management (SIEM), IDS/IPS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Proxy, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Endpoint detection and response (EDR), Anti-Virus, Sandboxing, network- and host- based firewalls, Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing, etc.
- Knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) tactics, technics and procedures
- Understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity, etc.
- Understanding of common network infrastructure devices such as routers and switches
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP
- Detailed knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Certified Splunk Admin, Power User, or equivalent skillset
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
#indeedpush Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 41168
Apply on company website