Consultant, Secure Software Enablement
For cyber professionals looking to pursue meaningful work while applying their vast skills and experiences, we believe Deloitte offers an unparalleled opportunity to create a challenging and rewarding career.
Every day, our Deloitte Advisory Cyber Risk Service professionals help complex organizations more confidently leverage advanced technologies to achieve their strategic growth, innovation, and performance objectives through proactive management of the associated cyber risks.
Work you will do
The responsibilities of an Application Security Consultant are broad and may vary depending on your level of experience and skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Scanning customer source code, auditing results with development and/or security teams and offering plans for remediation of vulnerabilities
• Installing and configuring industry standard static code analysis products, such as HP Fortify and IBM AppScan Source, onsite for customers
• Communicating technical application security concepts to customer staff, including developers, architects, and managers
• Training customer staff on application security and remediation of application security code defects.
• Assessing and scoping of customer's application security needs
• Contributing to project planning and project deliverables
• Collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to enhance products
• Representing Deloitte's technical, business, and professional values to customers, partners, and peers
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
• A technical bachelor's degree
• 1 - 3 years experience in software or security consulting
• Experience using HP Fortify and IBM AppScan
• Experience with build tools (e.g. ant, make, maven, msbuild, nant, etc.)
• Experience in developing and/or deploying Web applications
• Experience with multiple operating systems
• Fundamental understanding of software, computer, and network
• Experience in the enterprise security or application security
• Experience in IT operations (e.g., incident handling, NOC, SOC, etc.)
• CSSLP, CISSP, CISA, CCP MCP/MCSE or SANS certifications
• Able and willing to travel 75%
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFSPASCNR-05
Apply on company website