Position Summary Are you looking to assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders to help solve complex financial accounting and reporting issues? Our team of accounting and reporting specialists do just that. Join our talented team of accounting & reporting specialists serving clients across all industries focusing onaccounting & reporting advisory; cost transparency and alignment; and financial integrity. Work you'll do As part of the Controllership Services Accounting Advisory team, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized technical accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and Consolidation/Financial Reporting, financial operations and applications across multiple industries
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day relationships
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
The team provides clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services. Qualifications Required:
- 5 - 8 years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field.
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform technical research of complex accounting issues
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting
- Capabilities in operational and financial internal controls, including work related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience as a user of or administrator of a common ERP Finance and Reporting package (SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc)
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 10929
Apply on company website