Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Cloud Network and Security Architect
Location: Open to all US locations
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
Deloitte's Cloud Center of Excellence team build world class technology solutions in support of the business, member firms and our clients' cloud network security strategies. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to help drive industry leading best practices within the network security space and provide governance over firewall, load balancers and remote access infrastructure in a large-scale environment. Lead design and development of cutting-edge infrastructure and automation while driving partnerships with our security, cloud engineering, and application development teams. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Cloud Network and Security Architect your role will include:
- Help design and implement network security strategy including cloud enablement and establishing next generation firewall features and capabilities
- Understand and engineer cloud network architecture
- Provide analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of cloud network and security
- Maintain, deploy, upgrade and troubleshoot network security infrastructure solutions including firewalls, load balancers, client VPN and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Collaborate with Security and Infrastructure teams to develop consistent technical solutions, implementation activities and support processes
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of security appliances, applications and infrastructure services
- Assist with on-call escalation as needed.
- Influence standards and platforms for future application development.
- Mentor team members in the network architecture and other solutions being implemented
- Write and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services to meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
- Must be US citizen
- At least one Azure, AWS, or GCP certification relevant to role.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell, Cloud Formation Templates and automating security processes or configuration in a public cloud
- Experience or aptitude with software defined networking (SDN)
- Experience with automation through object-oriented programming and scripting
- In-depth knowledge of cloud native tools and services
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years total work experience
- Minimum 3 years work experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
- Has in-depth knowledge of networking and security engineering, as well as technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience with deploying network virtual appliances in a public cloud space
- In-depth knowledge of network security and security operations, including but not limited to firewalls (Palo Alto, Check-Point), F5 load balancers, unified threat management, IPS, etc.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and culture inspires our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be balanced, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are constantly looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSMGRBT111-ITL5
Apply on company website