Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced AWS Cloud Native Engineer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below…
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Work with cloud engineering teams to design and develop cloud native systems
- Create, build, and implement applications based on modern cloud design patterns and cloud software development that utilizes cloud computing and services in public, private, and hybrid clouds environments
- Leveraging cloud native services to drive innovation and increases speed to market in the software development life cycle
- Maintain application DevOps processes and deployment pipelines to implement and support application and feature releases
- Assist in system migration to the cloud supporting refactoring legacy system to modernize the application or integration services to leverage cloud native services and solutions
- Continue to learn and grow professionally as a cloud native engineer as new cloud services and solutions come to market
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's journey in Cloud adoption, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Operations Transformation, Cloud Native Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to modernize application and system integration by enabling Cloud.
- Bachelor-level degree in IT related field or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience developing full stack solutions and utilizing software build and deployment tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Git, Bitbucket, CodeCommit)
- 3+ years application and API development background in object-oriented programming language
- Experience with modern API development (Node.js, Go)
- 1+ years cloud native language experience (Lambda, Node.js Python)
- Base understanding of cloud serverless solutions (S3, CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda Functions, ElastiCache, SQS, MQ, RDS)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, AWS ECS, Fargate)
- Experience with cloud build and deployment tools (GitLab, Beanstalk, OpsWorks, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy)
- Experience working with cloud database services (RDS, DynamoDB, DocumentDB)
- Experience working with cloud deployment languages (CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
- Base understanding of cloud services and infrastructure (VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, SG, NACL)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- AWS Certification (AWS Solution Architect Associate, AWS Developer, AWS DevOps)
- Other cloud certifications nice to have (GCP, Azure)
- Relocate or live in the Mechanicsburg, PA, Lake Mary, FL or Gilbert, AZ area
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 40491
Apply on company website