Media & Broadcast-Centric Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Manager
Our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) industry clients include some of the most valued companies in the U.S. and many of the world's top global brands. We are poised to help clients shape their evolving business models, scale and transform their operations, modernize their processes and technologies, and constantly improve their customer experience. Our Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment sector includes the world leaders in telecommunications, media, entertainment, sports, business information services, and digital platform companies – for search, social, marketing, analytics, etc.
Core Business Operations-Cloud Engineering
Our Cloud Engineering offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from on-premise or co-location to Cloud. Our client base has a broad reach across Telecommunication, Media and Entertainment (TME) with a range of national broadcast and entertainment companies, games studios and includes social media giants and telecommunication companies. Our goal is to help them see and realize the cloud transformational as an opportunity for business enablement by improving their agility and resilience, identifying opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation resulting in competitive advantage. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering practice is a key part of the Cloud Engineering offering. Infrastructure and platform play an ever-increasing role in business-critical applications and is crucial to supporting operations and reliability. Our practitioners help clients optimize their infrastructure and guide them through a transformative journey that enables the adoption of technology-based disruptors such as Hybrid Cloud, Machine Learning and IoT in their business.
Work you'll do
As part of our team, you will engage with Practitioners and Professionals across our TME clients from various disciplines within both our consulting practices and from our client's organizations. During engagements, exposure to multiple technologies will provide you opportunities to become an expert and to expand your skillset into new areas. Our practitioners lead/support technical teams to architect, build, and deploy cloud solutions across public, private and hybrid cloud environments within the TME Industries. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective outcomes while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
5+ years of experience within the Telcommunications, Media & Entertainment (TM&E) industry and client base
5+ years of experience with at least one of the following hyperscale platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
5+ years of end-to-end experience in Project/Program Management
5+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience and large scale, enterprise class consulting and systems integration experience
Ability to travel up to 100% (While 100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Significant experience with the creation of datacenters, including design and build of physical facilities to support specific TM&E use cases (e.g. 4K and 8K video, archive digitization, etc.)
• A specific and relatively nuanced understanding of the hyperscale cloud providers features and capabilities specifically relating to TM&E industry and clients
• An understanding of the basic functions and features of applications in the media supply chain such as ingest and playout features in professional media environments
• An understanding of the nuances of broadcasting grade video in the cloud, particularly around low latency, high bandwidth per stream architectures with >99.999 availability of services
• An understanding of the impact of low latency real-time streaming bandwidth on network, service and storage designs
• Experience in documenting and explaining Cloud infrastructure solution architectures
• Team leadership skills, knowledge and experience in delivery of Cloud based solutions
• Ability to engineer, build, and test solutions to achieve optimum throughput and required reliability for media, broadcast,
• Hands on keyboard experience with Operating Systems (Windows, Linux), Databases (SQL, Oracle), Systems Management, Network, Security, Storage and Backup, Internet Technologies, Private/Public Cloud, Virtualization, Directory Services, Application Servers, Cloud Systems and Migration, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS
• Strong skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Macro coding skills a plus
• Knowledge and Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as AWS Cloud Formation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack and Terraform
• Experience using software configuration and release management tools such as GitHub.
• Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure certification.
• Experience in assisting Senior leadership team to design technology, process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
• System Development methodology familiarity, people/soft skills and leadership presentation.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for designing, implementing, and maintaining infrastructure and service availability throughout the system life cycle
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E21NATCMGRDD101-CBO
Apply on company website