Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Audit & Assurance Senior in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Work under the supervision of upper management to design audit approaches, conduct field audit engagements, and perform complex accounting and auditing of balance sheets and income statements. Participate in the completion of client annual reports and interact with clients to discuss field audit issues. Perform accounting and auditing functions on field engagements for major corporate clients, and develop accounting worksheets. Participate in pre-audit planning for audit engagements. Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control. Conduct audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements. Participate in the review of financial statement reports. Perform analytical reviews of audit documents. Prepare the documentation supporting audit opinions. Perform accounting research to solve issues that arise during the course of audit or compliance engagements. Assist upper management with overall project management for audit engagements. Will commute within the New York, NY area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of accounting and auditing experience.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing substantive testing on complex areas of clients' balance sheets and income statements, including complex investments, management estimates, and income taxes;
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Utilizing audit software, including engagement management software to perform tracking and forecasting for audit engagements;
- Auditing financial statements including reviews of quarterly financial information, reviewing clients' annual reports, and interacting with clients to discuss audit issues;
- Evaluating the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of internal controls, and testing controls in accordance with AICPA and SOX standards;
- Interacting with accounting and auditing specialists within complex accounting areas, including tax and information technology specialists;
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools, including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros, and data analytics tools, including Tableau and Power BI;
- Interacting directly with senior management of the audit team and audit clients to discuss auditing findings, issues, and resolution;
- Working with companies to prepare financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS financial statement reporting requirements; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff.
- Must possess: U.S. CPA license or passage of all four parts of U.S. CPA examination.
- Less than 5% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 32840
Apply on company website