Our Exciting Work Environment
Do you want to be close to the action in a sporting venue? Would you like to work in a fast paced, fun environment? You are part of the excitement as the Kitchen Supervisor for the new year round restaurant at Miller Park that will open January of 2020. Be part of the team behind the team!
Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Miller Park, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites and catering for our partner the Milwaukee Brewers. We're working behind the scenes and on the front lines – making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.
Interviews to take place late November/early December.The Opportunity
Under the direction of the Sous Chef, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company's Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards
- Supervise kitchen personnel under the direction of the Sous Chef
- Ensure food items are prepared according to Delaware North standards of quality, consistency and time lines
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area
- Requisitions food products as par levels dictate
- Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating and stocking as par levels dictate
- Exhibit working knowledge of scheduling
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operation, properly measures and portions all food items
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures, cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Meet all health department standards for safe food handling and operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations
- Performs other duties assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment/degree in culinary program a plus
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift, frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Condition:
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping
- Frequently immerses hands in water
This is a full time hourly positionWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website