Our Exciting Work Environment
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort features more than 850 slot machines and a mix of 25 table games, including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Big Six and more. Or test your skill in our Big Easy Poker Room – where you can play beginners and experts alike in Texas Hold'em, Omaha Hi-Lo and 7-Card Stud.
Experience our hotel with 150 deluxe rooms, including 21 suites. Every overnight stay offers a double pillow-top mattress; free high-speed internet access; high-definition, flat-screen television; cooked-to-order breakfast; and access to our saline pol, hot tub, fitness center and more.
Whether you are looking for an intimate gourmet dinner or a quick meal, Mardi Gras Casino & Resort has something for you. Our French Quarter restaurant offers a fine-dining experience with steaks, seafood and more. The First Turn restaurant allows you to eat casual full-service cuisine while overlooking the greyhound racetrack, and the Bayou Buffet offers endless choices with complimentary beignets. Café Orleans and Crescent City offer a variety of sandwiches and snacks for a lighter, faster option.
Join us for live greyhound and simulcast racing action! Enjoy the thrill of betting and winning while overlooking our racetrack or experiencing one of our state-of-the-art simulcast areas. Live racing is available year-round.The Opportunity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides fast, friendly and courteous service in assigned area, to every customer, every time, while taking and serving beverage orders.
- Serves alcoholic beverages within guidelines established by the department and state law.
- Presents the beverage order to the bartender following established guidelines.
- Relays any compliments and complaints to the management.
- Adheres to Alcohol Awareness standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have previous serving/bar experience or equivalent certification.
- Must be able to work a very flexible schedule, including days and evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to maintain speed and accuracy in order to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently under pressure and under stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to carry a loaded tray overhead.
- Must be able to accept responsibility for money and goods.
- Must be friendly, energetic and outgoing.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds; frequently maneuver bulky carts weighing 100-200 pounds in a confined area.
Must be able to wear high heels during weekend shifts and special events in which your supervisor may ask you to do so.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website