0300: Front Desk
We're excited to reopen our dining room and Midway and ready for you to join our team! At Dave and Buster's the safety of our team members and guests is our top priority! We are committed to delivering the high standards you have come to know and expect from us as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic. Our operations are in compliance with all CDC recommended guidelines including: enhanced cleaning and sanitation practices, following social distancing protocols and providing our team members with gloves and masks to keep themselves and our guests safe.
POSITION SNAPSHOT: Our front desk and host position ensures Guests' initial impressions with Dave & Buster's are positive and welcoming. The front desk/host positions require a strong communicator who will guide our Guests through their retail, game rental and dining experiences.
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
- Delivers an unparalleled Guest experience through the best combination of food, drinks and games in an ideal environment for celebrating all out fun.
- Acts as ambassador to the building, greeting Guests with a positive attitude and enthusiasm while coordinating game rentals, merchandise sales, and telephones. Smiles and greets Guests upon entering.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Bids farewell to Guests leaving. Ensures everything was satisfactory and invites Guests to return.
- Prepares for the shift by ensuring area is stocked with supplies: menus, silverware, Power cards, gift cards etc.
- Reviews the cleanliness and organization of the Front Desk and Host station.
- Ensures all menus are stocked and properly cleaned and maintained.
- Checks for restocking of necessary supplies.
- Brings all areas up to standard.
- Discusses problem areas with Manager
- Conducts merchandise inventory during and after shift, if applicable.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company Team Members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum Team Member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Notifies Manager of any Guest that is perceived to be unhappy.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or as business dictates
- Drives table turn timing by scouting open tables, bussing and cleaning tables as necessary.
- Rotates seating appropriately following guidelines to ensure fairness and balance in the dining areas.
- Manages flow from the front doors, efficiently helping Guests with needs and directing as needed.
- Manages wait times and communicates information as needed to Guests, Team Members, and Managers.
- Delivers silverware as Guests are seated.
- Makes timely and accurate calculations of bill transactions.
- Greets and assists Guests efficiently and with a smile while processing transactions.
- Is responsible for the reconciliation of any monies from their banks.
- Completes “To Go” order transactions for Guests and ensures accuracy.
- Sells merchandise from the Front Desk, if applicable.
- Must be friendly and able to smile frequently.
- Restaurant, retail, or cashier experience preferred, but not required.
- Employee needs to be able to communicate effectively with multiple Guests while generating enthusiasm for D&B.
- Is dressed in accordance with dress guidelines, looking neat, clean, and professional at all times.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and communicate in English.
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings, requests for assistance, and farewells to Guests.
- Must be skilled at calmly responding to dis‐satisfied Guests and calling issues to Manager's attention.
STUFF OUR ATTORNEYS MAKE US WRITE:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the Team Member will regularly be required to:
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Walk or stand 100% of shift.
- Reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
Apply on company website