The Transition Age Youth Coordinator provides resources and supports for youth and their clinical teams who are transitioning from the child's behavioral health system to the adult behavioral health system. This position also oversees all functions of the Youth Leadership Council.
- Provide technical assistance to CFTs for youth transitioning into the adult system to overcome barriers and to promote practice according to the Arizona Vision.
- Attend CFT meetings and utilize the delivery approach that is strength-based and responsive to children's and families' individual needs and unique culture, and that achieves positive clinical outcomes.
- Respond to requests from system partners, including CPS, DDD, JPO, ADCJ, Schools, and other community stakeholders for information and assistance in resolving case-specific challenges related to coordination of care and behavioral health service delivery.
- Facilitate and support the Youth Leadership counsel. Coordinate and Collaborate with internal departments and functions, such as Member Services, Quality Management/ Quality Improvement, Adult System of Care and Medical Management, in following up with providers that may benefit from technical assistance in order to assist meeting the needs of Transition Age Youth and their families.
- Support the training department in developing and implementing training related to services and processes associated with the Transition Age Youth Population.
- Promote clinically sound, appropriate use of community-based services and formal and informal supports to reduce out-of-home interventions.
- Enter progress and required data elements throughout the work with Transition Age Youth.
- Provide consultation to provider agencies and systems to assure adherence to requirements including member record reviews, staff and client interviews. This job will require some after hours and weekend work.
- 3-5 years related work experience in the behavioral health system with youth or young adults.
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to use Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
Additional Job Information
Ability to communicate effectively with management.Ability to work collaboratively within work teams.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Strong organization skills.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website