The VP Trade Brand Contracting will be responsible for building and maintaining the brand purchase discount programs for the retail business segment. Keys to success will be building a strong executive level relationships within the pharmaceutical industry and showing the value of the retail programs and services; Additionally success will hinge on a broad industry knowledge of drug pricing policies, trends, and innovation expected in the marketplace as well as the ability to influence strategies to help mitigate rising drug costs and specialty trends.
The position will also assume leadership for current vaccine procurement, diabetic test strips as well as current discount management for the Long Term Care (LTC) and PBM business segments. A significant financial benefit to the organization is expected and will need to be managed and expanded in the future.
• Meet or exceed P&L budgets and targets set forth by senior leadership
• Develops and executes on opportunities to position CVS as an expert on all elements of pharmacy related programs and services
• Leverages relationships and external data to generate product intelligence
• Develop new product offerings that link business objectives to the enterprise goals
• Leverage existing product offerings (e.g. ScriptSync, home delivery, text messages) that will increase lifetime value of a CVS patient
• Ensures executive sponsorship and alignment with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and corresponding go-to-market strategy
• +15 years or more relevant experience
• Experience working in health plans or pharmacy with experience in drug spend and formulary strategies.
• Pharmaceutical Manufacturer experience
• Background in complex contract negotiations, leading and managing multiple manufacturer relationships
• Experience in executive analytics, designing and building executive-level, analytic convincing business presentations
• Progressively responsible leadership experience with engaging, managing and motivating multi-level teams and individuals
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship, and listening skills and able to communicate in a way that helps leaders imagine and understand future potential.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to work effectively in cross-functional teams and influence business partners.
• Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills with executive level internal and external customers
• Deep level of understanding of finance
• Strategic vision, critical thinking and creativity
• Ability to effectively collaborate across the organization with other departments and deploy capabilities to internal and external customers.
• Ability to problem solve, identify and remove roadblocks, triage and prioritize issues that impact one or more project work streams
• Pharmacy or Pharmacy Benefit Management analytics experience
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree or other advanced degree preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website