The Pharmacy Technician assist in accurately reading, interpreting and entering prescriptions into the computer system including calculation of doses and assignment of directions and accepting proper insurance payment in a timely fashion. Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for routing incomplete or unclear prescriptions to the prescriber for clarification and must also be able to enter incomplete prescription information once clarification has been obtained. Must be able to collaborate with a diverse team.
• Valid KS pharmacy technician license
• 1 year experience in a customer service role or one year pharmacy experience
• 6 months experience handling and resolving a high
volume of complex customer needs over the phone
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Prefer Healthcare work experience and familiarity with
benefits, insurance, prescriptions
• Prefer Medical billing, coding, and other medical
• Prefer National Certification (CPhT/ ExCPT)
• Prefer customer service experience in an office
• Six months work experience with Windows-based applications like Windows, Microsoft Office, internet navigation, and email applications
• Six months computer keyboarding experience, skills and aptitude
H.S. Diploma or equivalent; Pharmacy Technician License and\or Certification as required by applicable state law
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website