Supervises an underwriting team and supports the performance of routine new business and/or renewal underwriting by serving as subject matter expert for stated mission and key performance metrics. Supervisors of Underwriting have supervisory responsibilities for
staff and may support Manager as backup.
Manages workflow within unit and directs changing priorities to meet deliverables. Ensures timely completion of underwriting activities, including casework reviews, assisting team with inquiries, collecting missing
information. Analyzes trends and influence the development and implementation of medical underwriting procedures, workflows, guidelines and claim risk criteria. Develops a strong unit through effective performance
management and sharing of expertise. Responsible for manager activities related to staffing, talent management, training and development. Reviews customer specific documents, deliverables and account related information
produced by the team for accuracy and quality. Manages process improvement initiatives to increase productivity, accuracy, and/or customer service. Influences tool development. Takes accountability for achieving and
implementing required changes. Understands, applies, and explainscompany services, product standards and underwriting policies relative to unit's responsibilities. Uses knowledge of competition to evaluate and minimize risk while maximizing profitability.
- Experience in building strong cross-functional relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Experience in anticipating customer needs and requirements as well as facilitating and negotiating using tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated leadership that fosters and supports a strong team of individual contributors.
- 3 - 5 years experience in an underwriting role.
- Exhibits proven leadership skills that will enable him/her to foster and support a strong team, leading by example.
- Communication with outside consultants and customers.
- Experience in an underwriting role with extensive knowledge of the Aetna systems supporting those products and underwriting methodologies.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website