Responsible for the total, efficient and profitable operations of a CVS Pharmacy and/or a health and beauty aide store.
• Management/ Customer Service: lead others and work effectively with store crews; supervise, assign and direct activities of the store's crew; effectively communicate information to store crew and supervisors in an open and timely manner. Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints; handle all customer relations issues in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all customers.
• Merchandising/Presentation: price merchandise; stock shelves; reset departments following POGs adapting them to a particular store; organize and execute the display and signing of weekly, major promotional and seasonal merchandise; organize and execute the display and maintenance of off-shelf merchandise.
• Shrinkage: control use of register keys, securing door keys, alarm codes, and safe combinations. Execute locking of safe and security doors and setting of alarms when closing the store. Complete random cash verifications, journal tape checks, analyze Cashier Analysis Report. Identify and react to shoplifters and apprehend to secure company assets and process shoplifters accordingly. Protect store assets. Administer, monitor, and react to Internal Loss Prevention programs and systems: employee bag checks; lockers secured; receipts for purchases; maintain and react to Electronic Article Surveillance system; ensure price accuracy, using POS Price Accuracy Report and in-store price audits.
• Operations: respond to MIS; review electronic journal; access, input, retrieve and analyze information form the computer; order regular and promotional merchandise, maintaining appropriate inventory levels using the Telxon machine; work reserve stock; oversee and execute the preparation of the daily cash report and weekly summary; develop sales/hours forecasts; load and unload deliveries; verify and document billing of merchandise (check-in merchandise); execute and document merchandise returns and inter-store transfers; operate cash register; execute and document: cash/check pulls, deposits; returned check payments etc.; deliver deposits and secure change from the bank maintain a balanced imprest fund; schedule daily, weekly activities; prepare weekly work schedules based on store's budgeted hours; execute weekly payroll; ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and federal and state laws; prepare, complete and distribute reports and records: paid out summary; key rec's (accounts payable); MU/MD; customer cash discrepancy; returnable merchandise; accident reports etc.; open/close store; conduct a walk through of the store and establish a prioritized list of tasks; attend district and/or regional meetings; execute payment of outside vendors as appropriate; supervise and/or execute rubbish removal.
• Human Resources: train, develop and evaluate crew members, supervisors, Assistant Managers. Execute all necessary documentation for HRIS administration: hiring kits, staff enrollment forms, changes of status forms. Recruit, select, hire, train, develop, evaluate and terminate hourly non-exempt employees. Supervise Assistant Manager development as a Store Manager. Conduct performance appraisals for all directly assigned personnel. Recommend wage rate and promotion of hourly non-exempt employees. Ensure on-the-job safety of all employees and treatment for employee injuries sustained on the job. Coach and execute counseling discussions with store employees. Develop short and long term staffing strategies. Maintain a work place free from discrimination and harassment. Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel records at store level. Financial Reporting/Administration: analyze operating reports/documents and make recommendations on how to improve store performance and implement plans; prepare the store for a physical inventory; complete and analyze Business Reviews and develop and execute plans to correct areas needing improvement.
• Pharmacy Functions:
o Promotes a path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications; educates customers about CVS services and products appropriately positioning CVS as a partner in customers' path to better health.
o Focuses on the customer, keeping the customer top of mind at all times, prioritizing customer needs, displaying genuine care and empathy in all interactions, and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
o Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and protect patient privacy and security.
o Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding of each workstation (i.e., Pick- Up, Drop-Off, Drive-Thru, Production) for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders; manages own responsibilities while shifting to help the team where needed.
o Delivers results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks, maintains accuracy while consistently meeting workflow and inventory management goals.
o Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems to ensure customers have their medications when needed; collaborates with immediate and extended pharmacy teams, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and deliver timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
o Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge, leveraging available tools and training resources, to develop the basic drug understanding and technical expertise needed to accurately and more effectively assist customers.
o Contributes to high-performing teams by looking for opportunities to contribute to individual and broader team goals, remains flexible for both schedule and business needs while easily adapting to changes at work to enables supportive, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
o Must be registered, and maintain registration, according to local and state pharmacy regulations.
• Deductive reasoning ability, advanced analytical skills and computer skills.
• Advanced communication skills, leadership and supervision skills
• Capable of performing scheduling, control and planning and influencing skills.
• Requires an ability to handle customer service and personnel situations
• Work precisely and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work flexible schedules including 1st and 2nd shifts, and early morning and/or overnight shifts at some locations for merchandise deliveries. Schedule adjustments are made according to store needs and operating hours.
• At least one year of supervisory experience in retail, food service, restaurant, or customer service or at least one year of work experience in these types of businesses, preferably at a supervisor level
• High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website