Responsible for the total, efficient and profitable operations of a CVS Pharmacy and/or a health and beauty aide store.
- Management/ Customer Service: lead others and work effectively with store crews; supervise, assign and direct activities of the store's crew; effectively communicate information to store crew and supervisors in an open and timely manner. Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints; handle all customer relations issues in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all customers.
- Merchandising/Presentation: price merchandise; stock shelves; reset departments following POGs adapting them to a particular store; organize and execute the display and signing of weekly, major promotional and seasonal merchandise; organize and execute the display and maintenance of off-shelf merchandise.
- Shrinkage: control use of register keys, securing door keys, alarm codes, and safe combinations. Execute locking of safe and security doors and setting of alarms when closing the store. Complete random cash verifications, journal tape checks, analyze Cashier Analysis Report. Identify and react to shoplifters and apprehend to secure company assets and process shoplifters accordingly. Protect store assets. Administer, monitor, and react to Internal Loss Prevention programs and systems: employee bag checks; lockers secured; receipts for purchases; maintain and react to Electronic Article Surveillance system; ensure price accuracy, using POS Price Accuracy Report and in-store price audits.
- Operations: respond to MIS; review electronic journal; access, input, retrieve and analyze information form the computer; order regular and promotional merchandise, maintaining appropriate inventory levels using the Telxon machine; work reserve stock; oversee and execute the preparation of the daily cash report and weekly summary; develop sales/hours forecasts; load and unload deliveries; verify and document billing of merchandise (check-in merchandise); execute and document merchandise returns and inter-store transfers; operate cash register; execute and document: cash/check pulls, deposits; returned check payments etc.; deliver deposits and secure change from the bank maintain a balanced imprest fund; schedule daily, weekly activities; prepare weekly work schedules based on store's budgeted hours; execute weekly payroll; ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and federal and state laws; prepare, complete and distribute reports and records: paid out summary; key rec's (accounts payable); MU/MD; customer cash discrepancy; returnable merchandise; accident reports etc.; open/close store; conduct a walk through of the store and establish a prioritized list of tasks; attend district and/or regional meetings; execute payment of outside vendors as appropriate; supervise and/or execute rubbish removal.
- Human Resources: train, develop and evaluate crew members, supervisors, Assistant Managers. Execute all necessary documentation for HRIS administration: hiring kits, staff enrollment forms, changes of status forms. Recruit, select, hire, train, develop, evaluate and terminate hourly non-exempt employees. Supervise Assistant Manager development as a Store Manager. Conduct performance appraisals for all directly assigned personnel. Recommend wage rate and promotion of hourly non-exempt employees. Ensure on-the-job safety of all employees and treatment for employee injuries sustained on the job. Coach and execute counseling discussions with store employees. Develop short and long term staffing strategies. Maintain a work place free from discrimination and harassment. Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel records at store level. Financial Reporting/Administration: analyze operating reports/documents and make recommendations on how to improve store performance and implement plans; prepare the store for a physical inventory; complete and analyze Business Reviews and develop and execute plans to correct areas needing improvement.
- Deductive reasoning ability, advanced analytical skills and computer skills.
- Advanced communication skills, leadership and supervision skills
- Capable of performing scheduling, control and planning and influencing skills.
- Requires an ability to deal with people, work precisely and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including 1st and 2nd shifts, and early morning and/or overnight shifts at some locations for merchandise deliveries. Schedule adjustments are made according to store needs and operating hours.
- At least one year of supervisory experience in retail, food service, restaurant, or customer service or at least one year of work experience in these types of businesses, preferably at a supervisor level
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website