Responsible for ensuring that all supplies and equipment necessary for the daily operations of the pharmacy are available, under the supervision of the manager This position is responsible for ensuring continuity with the returns of drugs to the pharmacy, handling and processing state medication returns in accordance with State mandates and criteria, and reconciling expired meds. Responsible for expediting product, conducting physical inventories.
Review and maintain inventory supply levels as required.
· Identify appropriate order levels, place orders, and monitor accuracy of reordered inventory shipments received.
· Ensure that inventory is properly replenished to the appropriate dispensing areas within the pharmacy.
· Receive and stock product
· Check returned products for expiration dates.
· Ensure products are disposed of according to expiration dates and required handling procedures.
· Maintain Purchase Order log and review and approve invoices for payment and provide reports for and track all Credits (wholesaler and other) and inventory transfers, as required.
· Maintain NDC billing file, as required.
· Process returns, determining credit eligibility and manage restocking of inventory
· Identifying opportunities for new product lines and cost saving plans across existing product lines, as required.
· Manages appropriate Purchasing and Receiving staff.
· Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Excellent written and verbal communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher
6 months inventory experience.
• Knowledge of pharmacy operations and pharmaceutical inventory control. • Strong interpersonal skills and well developed verbal and written communication skills • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment • Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible • Good math and analytic skills • Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
5 years of experience in pharmacy or long-term care setting
· Previous management experience
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required or equivalent
Certification as a Pharmacy Technician is preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website