Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for new application submissions. Assigned cases/book of
business include multiple product types in the senior supplemental insurance and final expense markets.
Reviews new business applications to determine eligibility and/or risk acceptance. Complexity of work
increases as technical skills progress. Independently reviews work for accuracy. Works with mentor/manager to recommend decisions using underwriting
principals, and business strategy. Utilizes basic functionality of underwriting tools, systems, and reference materials to produce accurate decisions. Applies underwriting guidelines and escalates underwriting exceptions for their assigned cases to the
appropriate level. With limited supervision, assists sales personnel when needed in explaining and communicating
underwriting policy Produces timely and accurate customer specific documents, deliverables. Assists department with projects or workgroups. May identify and support process improvement through automation or process change.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills.
- Demonstrated success prioritizing work and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepares and delivers routine to moderately complex new business decisions. Complexity of work increases as technical skills progress.
- Experience working with standard Microsoft Office products.
- Experience providing clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with others to meet/exceed expectations.
- Experience in the health insurance industry.
- Experience in underwriting operations and/or risk based decision making.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website