It's a new day in health care!
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a ground-breaking moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health.
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all. We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that help members make the best decisions for the individual care needs?
Aetna's Member analytics team is an innovate team tasked with optimizing our ability to engage with members to help them make better healthcare decisions. Our goals are to improve clinical outcomes and to help members gain more transparency into the healthcare system so that they can save money. To do this we've developed a leading capability that combines data science, agile marketing, behavioral economics, large scale experimentation, and optimization of our digital properties and applications. Through this we message millions of members each year about real challenges they face and help them become more healthy or save money – we drive tangible and meaningful impact for our members.
• Partner with business stakeholders to frame problems and deliver technical solutions to improve existing processes.
• Applies experience from strategy consulting, analytics, and data engineering to successfully act as the product owner for one or more analytics initiatives.
• Work with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at an intermediate level.
• Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using an intermediate understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
• Mentors more junior team members.
• Applies engineering skills and database manipulation to activate high touch clinical channels, e.g. in-home clinical services.
• Leads development of solutions with moderate complexity and risk.
• Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions to help data scientists determine the best analytical solution.
• Participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models, reporting tools, and strategic growth projects.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience; Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
• 2 years experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python;
• 3 years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact;
• 3 years experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies; Minimum 5 years total business experience
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
• Healthcare sector experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Experience with SQL or HIVE to extract, manipulate and analyze large structured and unstructured data sets from multiple data sources; in addition to utilizing R and Python
• Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
Please review required qualifications above
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website