CVS Health Digital is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with Java or Python development experience to help build our next generation cloud native health care platform to enable the delivery of use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data, cloud technologies and concepts including cloud computing, NoSQL databases, security, encryption, data movement in order to help us create a data platform to support big data use cases in the cloud.
You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, New York, NY or Alpharetta, GA.
You will be actively contributing in architecting, designing & creating a cloud native data platform and related self service capabilities while defining data movement and access patterns. You will be part of a team of developers responsible for standing up the data platform.
You should have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
• Design and build out our digital data platform in a cloud scalable environment
• Able to design, build, operationalize, secure, and monitor data processing systems with a particular emphasis on security and compliance, scalability and efficiency, reliability, flexibility and portability.
• Architect, design, implement and support data integration patterns for enterprise-scale datasets, using Big Data technologies such as Kafka, data streaming, Spark, relational and NoSQL data stores.
• Establish frameworks for application integration with big data and IoT datasets, including connected devices and electronic medical records.
• Build and evolve the tools that empower colleagues and teams across our organization to access data and build reliable and scalable transformations.
• Build systems that secure and govern our data end to end: control access across multiple storage and access layers (including BI tools), track data quality, catalog datasets and their lineage, audit usage and ensure correct data semantics.
• Demonstrate a deep expertise of and ability to operationalize leading data technologies and best practices
• Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
• Support and develop engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
• Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
• Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
What we are looking for:
• We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting
• We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience
• We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems.
• You must have worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components.
• We are a growing, diverse team and we work together on delivering a Health Cloud platform. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology
• We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
Additional Job Information
• Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
• Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
• Gym / Showers
• A top of the line MacBook Pro
• Sit/stand desk
• Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
• $200/yr. towards wellness - gym membership, Fitbit, treadmill
• Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
• Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
• 5+ years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications
• 1+ year Big Data expertise with cloud and enterprise level design/implementation
• Hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms and enabling self-service data capabilities.
• Extensive experience with cloud computing technologies. Must have proven track record developing in AWS or GCP or similar public cloud environments.
• Experience building data backend systems at scale with parallel/distributed compute
• Experience using data tools and frameworks like Airflow, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, or Kafka, HBase, Phoenix
• Has architected, designed, delivered and operationalized scalable microservices in cloud native environments.
• Experience with programming languages/tools including: Java, or Python.
• Understands security threats and patterns comprehensively and ensures adherence to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational & contractual data restrictions.
• Provides technical leadership direction, determining and developing approach to solutions by coordinating multiple resources to solve complex problems.
• Experience with Data Catalog/Discovery/Quality tools like Collibra, Alation
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Master's degree in the above subjects is desirable.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website