The Senior Architect – API gateways will support CVS Health Digital organization's vision to deliver transformative applications and technology platform services.
This role partners with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach teams across architecture on API standards/best practices and security for APIs.
Lead technical architecture initiatives for multiple value streams (e.g., Agile/SAFe Release Train), helping to ensure successful product deliveries.
Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for key capabilities of the API Platform, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption. Identifies opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns.
Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide “Reference Architectures” and “Baseline Implementations” when appropriate
Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
• At least 10 years of experience in API Gateway architecture and Enterprise Integration/Middleware Solutions.
• Hands-on experience on Apigee Edge or Apigee OPDK (Proxies, shared flows, flow hooks and utilizing caches) is a MUST.
• Experience in implementing automation testing for APIs.
• Experience in implementing CI/CD for API Gateways and maintaining "configuration as code".
• Should have understanding on network related components (firewall, load balancer, IPS, IDS, routing, BGP, VPC peering).
• Strong fundamentals in security – authentication, authorization, federation.
• Experience in working with CDN and WAF products like Akamai or Imperva or Cloudflare.
• Experience in defining API Program strategy
• Experience in evangelizing API adoption
• Experience in API Monetization strategy
• Experience driving API platform adoption across business functions
• Ability to operationalize outcomes. Be able to conceptualize, develop, deploy and operationalize outcomes independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience in either SAFe agile or Scrum or Kanban model.
• Experience in utilizing GCP components like GKE, Stackdriver, pub/sub, Cloud functions, Cloud memorystore, Cloud Storage and Cloud run.
• Experience in Kubernetes and Istio service mesh is a plus.
• Experience in Healthcare or Insurance domain is a plus.
• Experience in using HL7/FHIR R4 is a plus.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website