Support CVS Health's financial integrity with sound reserving and risk management practices as well as product designs that meet customer needs and pricing that produces returns to shareholders commensurate with the risks undertaken. Actuarial is responsible for anticipating and recognizing matters that materially affect financial integrity and making sound, unbiased reports on these issues.
Performs actuarial functions by applying expanded quantitative skills and analytical methodologies. Leverage strong technical skills to recommend solutions and demonstrate and advanced understanding of actuarial concepts and business acumen. Set own priorities within pre-established overall deadlines. Complete tasks independently with some direction from supervisor.
2-3 years experience.
At/near associateship in the Society of Actuaries.
- Prepare routine to moderately complex data manipulation
- Independently review work for accuracy and reasonability.
- Communicate clear written and oral results to mentor/manager.
- Anticipate questions and formulate responses.
- Utilize advanced functionality of actuarial models, tools, systems and reference materials.
- Develop, analyze and validate statistical data.
- Apply sound actuarial judgement, draw conclusions from their analysis and develop recommendations to inform key decision makers.
Employees in the Actuarial Training Program are expected to have a college degree with concentration typically in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics or related field.
College degree or equivalent experience Required
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website