Position Summary :
As a Minute Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) you will be in an integral role as part of the clinic team. Under the supervision of a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, the Registered Nurse (RN) will advance the evidence based practice in all patient encounters as they perform the major job duties and tasks within the scope of their training. The role is responsible for assisting patients and performing or assisting with all clinical services available at our clinics. The RN will perform task such as patient registration and intake, assisting with wait room management and other responsibilities that will enhance the patient experience. Clinical responsibilities to include phlebotomy and specimen collection services, vaccine injection, patient assessment activities during intake such as vital signs, and performing diagnostic tests such as EKG and Retinopathy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Phlebotomy and other Medical Services
* Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for processing.
* Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure manual.
* Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate computer ordering codes.
* Process specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to individual test requirements.
* Collect and document vital signs on patients
* Preparing, administering and providing vaccination services.
* Collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples and send to a reference lab for testing.
* Operate an EKG device for non-emergency readings on patients.
* Capture images of a patient's retina by using a fundus camera.
* Perform CLIA waived point of care testing on patients.
* May perform additional medical services that fall within the licensure of an Associate Nurse under the supervision of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Patient-focused activities
* Assist with patient registration, available to answer questions regarding MinuteClinic services
* Assist with managing patients in the waiting space and level set wait time expectations.
Act as a chaperone if a patient or provider in the primary exam room requests one.
* Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to drive practice growth.
- Clinic Operations Support
* Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the clinic.
* Keeping Clinical Rooms clean, uncluttered and suitable for patient care
* Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood of body fluids.
* Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for additional job duties as assigned by Nurse Practitioner, Senior Practice Manager, Senior Clinician or Area Director.
* A Registered Nurse License must be full, active and unrestricted in the State for which you are applying (This included a Territory or Common Wealth of the United States or District of Columbia)
* One year minimum related work experience in a healthcare setting required.
* Experience documenting within an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system required.
* Proven ability to take vital signs, perform phlebotomy blood draws and perform Point of Care Testing required.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
* Desire and demonstrated ability to work independently
* Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability and flexibility
* Proven and demonstrated clinical skills that include: documentation of care, medication administration, infection control precautions, assessing patient educational needs, physical assessment, obtaining vital signs, care coordination.
Previous Experience working in an Primary Care Clinic, Urgent Care Clinic, Emergency Room or Primary Physician's Office
Prior experience in Phlebotomy or Specimen lab or collection site.
Associate Nursing Degree is required from a school of Nursing, approved by the State Agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing (Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)) at the time the program was completed.
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website