As a Primary Nurse Case Manager (RN), Home Infusion you will work outside the walls of a hospital setting in a growing and specialized area of nursing.
Are you spending 12 hours on your feet, rushing from patient to patient with no time to provide quality patient care? This would be a fantastic opportunity to change your work environment. Our nurses have the time and an equitable schedule to build strong one-on-one relationships with patients and their families.
• Home Infusion RNs are responsible for providing primary patient care for a specific caseload of patients. To include assessments, care planning, evaluation and education of patients receiving infusion therapy.
• Provides nursing care and treatment of home infusion patients in accordance with the physician's plan of care, company policies, procedures and all applicable accreditation, federal, state, and local regulations.
• Applies appropriate ethical, legal, confidentiality and advocacy principles to the planning and delivery of patient care. Will obtain correct, appropriate and timely physician orders to deliver nursing care.
• Demonstrates competency in venous access device management, infection control, and safe practice of infusion nursing.
• Have excellent written and verbal customer service skills in order to interact with the patient, physician, pharmacist and other partners.
In this PRN role you will visit patients in Anchorage and surrounding areas. Must be willing/able to participate in the on-call and holiday rotation as directed by business and staffing needs. Must be willing/able to travel up to two hours each way (on occasion) for a patient visit.
Registered Nurses (RN) with Coram CVS have an unusually rewarding setting to use their outstanding nursing skills. As a national leader in the home infusion field and a Fortune 7 company, we seek those special RNs who not only possess strong clinical expertise with creative ideas but the kind of deep kindness and sensitivity it takes to treat people in their homes.
• Registered Nurse with current license in state of Alaska. Additional licensure may be required in multi-state service areas.
• Minimum one year nursing experience; IV-related experience a plus
• Have and maintain current CPR certification
• Possess a valid and current driver's license and auto insurance
• Have experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and Word to document and track patient care activity.
• Participate in on-call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Three years' nursing experience
• One year infusion experience
• Home healthcare experience
• CRNI certification preferred, not required
RN Diploma, Associates or B.S. degree in nursing
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation's largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
Apply on company website