products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be a part of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud Engineering, Machine Learning or Current Architectural Patterns, you will join the product team that will deliver the platform that will disrupt the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring forward your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Aetna Digital is looking for a Principal Android Developer with experience working in fast-paced startup like environment. A talented software development professional with a technical background and experience building excellent user focused solutions and who will contribute to the innovation and delivery of cutting-edge application solutions.
If you're passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you.
- The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to the delivery of software projects through their technical efforts effectively with cross functional and cross organization teams.
- 10+ years of modern software development frameworks that deliver world-class digital experiences for the consumer or enterprise spaces
- Contributions of released applications on the Google Play store
- As a mobile developer, you'll collaborate on the development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, estimation, design and development, implementation and testing
- Strong desire to build in test from the start with TDD development experience a plus
- Desire to create awesome user experiences within the mobile space
- Contribute to the implementation of product features and key technology choices
- Passion for technology and a high technical aptitude
- Promote proper implementation of Agile processes, techniques and principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile/ SAFe Software Development Principles
- 5+ years Native Android development
- Strong Kotlin, and the Android SDK experience
- Understanding of core libraries, application framework, and Android architecture
- Experience with multi-threaded programming in Java and Kotlin coroutines
- Familiarity using Restful APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
- Familiar with accessibility development practices in support of people with auditory, cognitive, neurological, physical, speech, and visual disabilities.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website