The Pharmacy Inventory Management Store Planning team plays a relevant role in our enterprise with a primary focus on supporting our ~9,700 retail pharmacy locations. The team delivers value via improving the efficiency of our standing inventory (~$7B) and running the various changes in our day to day business, while supporting our pharmacies with the appropriate inventory to meet our projected sales plans and our customer service objectives. The team runs the replenishment of pharmaceutical products to stores as well as our Omnicare Long Term Care Pharmacies and our Multi-Dose Packaging pharmacies.
You will be responsible for supporting the effective management of activities. In order to effectively run our pharmacy inventory and replenishment strategies, the team has a wide range of responsibilities, and as such, you will support the team across activities such as the following; key item supply, demand and allocation management, business and process change analysis and recommendations, inventory efficiency opportunity identification, system improvement requirements and validation, and supporting our supply chain/logistics partners. Due to the dynamic nature of the team, this role will interact with the stores/field and key partners across several departments every day, specifically, but not limited to Logistics, Pharmacy Operations, Pharmacy Merchandising and IT. Its key role in continuing to provide excellent service to our pharmacies and patients while enabling financial efficiencies and supporting new business opportunities.
- Resolve data driven action based on relevant information in support of business changes; product sourcing changes, supply constraints, insurance plan changes, seasonality, new product introductions, etc.
- Build models (Excel, SQL, Python, etc.) that help highlight impact of business changes and supervise the efficiency of mitigation efforts and take corrective actions related to defined service level gaps!
- Support the identification of opportunities to invest/deleverage inventory at the store level in pursuit of both inventory efficiency and service optimization targets
- Analyze and take corrective actions related to defined service level gaps. Use analysis to evaluate and improve opportunities by store type, time of year and product type
- Utilize in-store and central databases to perform ad-hoc analysis and fulfill requests from partners!
- 1+ years of experience in supply chain, inventory management, merchandising, financial or statistical analysis
- 1+ years of experience with inventory metrics and how those metrics influence each other
- 1-3 years of validated experience in data analytics using SQL or similar coding language
- 1+ years of experience building inventory and replenishment models, incorporating multiple variables, for use in estimating downstream impacts of business changes
- 1+ years of advanced MS Excel experience (pivot tables, complex method calculations etc.)
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems
- 3+ years' experience in supply chain, inventory management, merchandising, financial or statistical analysis
- Retail/healthcare industry knowledge and pharmacy product or pharmacy operational processes
- CVS retail systems such as RxConnect and CFRx
- Experience writing/discussing detailed business requirements with technical teams to implement production solutions
- Solid understanding of Python, R, or other similar analytical tools and languages and ability to develop templates, financial/statistical models and process flows
- Ability to resolve business problems, maintain relationships and influence cross-functional partners
- Knowledge of supply chain, inventory management and inventory replenishment processes and algorithms/forecasting models
- Ability to build ladder plans to effectively handle seasonal product. Implement effective approaches and allocations in handling supply constrained products
- Strong communication skills, multitasking skills etc.
- Required: High School Diploma or General Equivalent Development (GED)
- Preferred: BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website