PER DIEM POSITION 15-20 HOURS PER WEEK
Are you looking for a pharmacist role where you can bring your personal touch and clinical experiences to provide outstanding healthcare? This is the pharmacist role you've been looking for!
As a Home Infusion Pharmacist you will work with niche and sophisticated therapies utilizing groundbreaking technology. You will use your clinical skills and grow your infusion / TPN knowledge to provide specialty infusion services administered to patients in their homes.
• Acquires, interprets and evaluates all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost efficiency, accuracy, safety and completeness
• Communicate clinical and technical information and monitoring to other members of healthcare team and patient when appropriate
• Initiates, reviews and updates all required documentation
• Performs accurate computer order-entry, labeling and dispensing in accordance with policies and procedures and state board of pharmacy regulations
• Accurately compounds and checks compounded sterile products
• Directly supervises pharmacy support personnel in the appropriate compounding, packaging and labeling of compounded sterile products.
• Maintains procedures for appropriate security of all legend items, including controlled substances
• Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs
• Experience in pricing/underwriting for Pharmacy and or home infusion, enteral nutrition, TPN
• Assist in training and orientation of new employees, performance improvement activities and informative programs
• Aligns with the Company's policy on the allowable clean room garb and dress code requirements
Bachelors or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university.
Current license to practice pharmacy in state of employment is required.
Experience as a licensed pharmacist.
Home infusion/sterile compounding experience preferred but not required
B.S. or doctorate of pharmacy degree is required.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website