At the Optical Center Inside CVS, our mission is to help people on their path to better health, and look great while doing it. Our focus is world class quality of patient care, combined with best in class customer service and technology to deliver an outstanding eyecare and eyewear experience. We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation packages. As part of the largest pharmacy healthcare company in the US, a career with the Optical Center Inside CVS offers opportunity for leadership growth and development.
The Employed Optometrist is responsible for delivering key results thru our brand pillars: innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. The Optometrist is a leader within the organization, and is the primary person responsible for ensuring great patient outcomes thru quality of care and best in class patient experiences. This individual is also responsible for ensuring proper staff clinical performance and behaviors. Exceptional organization skills are required for success in this role, in addition to collaboration with multiple stakeholders within and outside the organization.
* Committed to great clinical and experiential outcomes thru:
- NPS – would the patient refer to a friend or family
- Addressing all of the patients visual occupational and lifestyle needs
- Thoroughly explains each step of the exam process
- Actively listens to the patients concerns and questions
- Provide the patient with an assessment of their overall eye health and vision performance
* Conducts all professional services in accordance with state licensure guidelines and professional standards of care. Follows internal clinical protocols and professional referral guidelines.
* Ensures patient receive accurate diagnosis and treatment plan on initial visit
* Builds rapport with the patient to understand needs
* Strong communication and collaboration with optical staff to ensure a seamless patient experience
* Provides on the job training and guidance as needed for optical leaders and associates
- Clinical standards orientation
- Front desk/check in procedures
- Appointment timelines communication
- Associate “Think on your feet” behaviors
- Explaining of all preliminary and OD clinical tests.
- Contact Lens Training
- Phone greeting skills
* Collaborates and communicates routinely with Optical Manager office strengths and opportunities
* Takes pride in the appearance of the office and exam lanes
* Leverage technology to enhance the overall patient experience and ensure proper patient follow up
* Maintain and ensure proper medical equipment calibration and maintenance
***Weekends are required***
* Active state license with no open or active issues.
* Knowledge of optometric industry trends, technology, product, and processes.
* Developed communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong Leadership and critical thinking skills
* Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
* Problem Solving ability
* Recognizes and builds on strengths, open to working on opportunities
* Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records systems, and digital refraction systems
* 5 to 8 years work experience preferred
* Doctor of Optometry required
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country's health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or email@example.com.
Apply on company website