IT Manager- Scrum Master is a servant-leader and coach for an Agile Scrum team, assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable.
This position will guide and serve the team to deliver business commitments , through effective application of the Lean/Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
The Scrum Master empowers the team to self-organize and helps to remove impediments (by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment), helps manage risk and drives relentless improvement.
Responsibilities include managing team ceremonies and processes, assisting the team in achieving their commitments by building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
The Scrum Master facilitates discussion, decision making and conflict resolution, improving transparency and radiating information on a timely manner .
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the team's progress in achieving their commitments through strong issue, risk and dependency management. Collaborates with partners external to the team, including other Scrum teams for delivering, resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization.
- Coaches the team in Lean-Agile practices, creating an environment of mutual influence by guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers. Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly impact quality.
- Partners with Product Owner, Development Team , and other business stakeholders to achieve intended results in delivery of key features.
- Host Scrum team ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, planning and review meetings, and retrospectives.
- Manage and maintain team-level dashboard reporting to track execution for the team and senior leadership.
- Manage budget and spend through forecasting, team allocations and monitoring.
- 5+ years of Agile experience with leading scrum teams and all ceremonies (daily standup meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective, maintenance of velocity metrics, tracking and managing work in progress, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with Agile and SAFe framework including managing complex project timelines with multiple dependency teams. Strong analytical, presentation skills, oral and written communication.
- Experience using Agile best practices, i.e., burn-down charts, retrospective formats, defect management, user stories, automated testing, etc.
- Experience with Agile approaches: i.e., XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
-Skills using project management and collaboration tools such as Team Foundational Server and / or Azure DevOps Server etc.
- Advanced understanding of resource allocations, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Strong servant leadership skills, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, mentoring, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience with large scale development environment.
- SAFe Scum Master (SSM) certification
Bachelor Degree. Masters Degree is a plus.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website