Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in expanded scope clinics is an integral part of the clinic team inside of MinuteClinic. Under the supervision of a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, the LPN/LVN will advance the evidence based practice in all patient encounters as they perform the major job duties and tasks within the scope of their training. The role is responsible for assisting patients and performing or assisting with all clinical services available at the clinics. The LVN/LPN will perform patient registration and intake tasks, will assist with wait room management and other tasks to enhance the patient experience. Clinical responsibilities to include phlebotomy and specimen collection services, vaccine injection, patient assessment activities during intake such as vital signs, and performing diagnostic tests such as EKG and Retinopathy.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
Phlebotomy and other Medical Services
* Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for processing.
* Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure manual.
* Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate computer ordering codes.
* Process specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to individual test requirements.
* Collect and document vital signs on patients
* Preparing, administering and providing vaccination services.
* Collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples and send to a reference lab for testing.
* Operate an EKG device for non-emergency readings on patients.
* Capture images of a patient's retina by using a fundus camera.
* Perform CLIA waived point of care testing on patients.
* Perform additional medical services that fall within the licensure of a LVN/LPN under the supervision of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
* Assist with patient registration, available to answer questions regarding MinuteClinic services
* Assist with managing patients in the waiting space and level set wait time expectations.
* Act as a chaperone if a patient or provider in the primary exam room requests one.
* Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to drive practice growth.
Clinic Operations Support
* Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the clinic.
* Keeping Clinical Rooms clean, uncluttered and suitable for patient care
* Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood of body fluids.
* Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for additional job duties as assigned by Nurse Practitioner, Senior Practice Manager, Senior Clinician or Area Director.
• Required Qualifications :
o Must have a full, active and unrestricted license, as a Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia. (License must be in your current state of residency)
o Minimum of one year related work experience in a healthcare setting required.
o Verifiable current/active hands-on CPR Certification (Basic Life Support and or Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
o Experience documenting within an Electronic Medical Record required.
o Ability to take vital signs, perform phlebotomy blood draws and perform Point of Care Testing required.
o Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
o Ability to work independently
o Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability and flexibility
o Clinical skills: documentation of care, medication administration, infection control precautions, assessing patient educational needs, physical assessment, obtaining vital signs, care coordination
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability and flexibility
* Graduate of a school of Practical or Vocational Nursing, approved by the State Agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing (Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)) at the time the program was completed.
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website