CVS is seeking an operational excellence leader for our Bessemer, AL location. This role is responsible for being a key member of the team to lead and drive projects and culture to improve safety, quality, delivery, and productivity of the operations. The role will and be responsible for the continuous improvement and support improvement of the key KPIs at the facility. Some specific responsibilities will be maintaining labor management systems (LMS), lean implementation, and process design/improvement. Work to be the glue between operations, network optimization, and automation to drive a clear vision together to improve the value stream. Role will be expected to travel 10% to other DCs.
- Safety – Responsible for identifying and improving safety at the site through use of technology, layout, improved ergonomics, and process.
- Quality - Responsible for helping to deliver world class quality by supporting sites with problem solving techniques to get to root cause and problems are made visible to solve.
- Delivery – This role will be responsible for delivering capacity improvements to the operations by identifying and executing kaizens to remove bottlenecks, increase storage density, and ultimately meet customer demand
- Lean – This role will be looked at to be the site expert in lean manufacturing and will support the team in mentoring and approaches to meet business objectives. Supporting and leading kaizens, improving effectiveness of tier meetings, establishing/improving standard work, value stream mapping, creating a shared vision, implementing poke-yoke, and drive improvements to the material movement and storage at the site are some examples of work scope.
- Data Engineering - Contribute or lead changes and projects related to data engineering adding data collection where not present. Translate data to information to aid in decision making and problem solving including but not limited to improved traceability, performance dashboards, performance reports, or andon/escalation systems at the site. Will strongly use data to support and drive process and performance management decision with the operations team. Responsible for maintaining standards to drive informed decision making.
- Project Management – The individual will be responsible for planning and executing multiple projects at the same time and utilize good project management skills by managing risk, understanding critical path and dependencies to meet project goals on time.
- Change Management – This individual and team will lead change at the sites and must work collaboratively with stakeholders, manage phase in / phase out of changes, have robust follow through on changes to ensure success. Be able to see opportunities for improvement, put together a financial business case and project plan to initiate the change.
- Automation – Contribute to the requirements specification development of automation improvements to the facility with implementation of key manufacturing process technologies including but not limited to robotics, vision systems, AGVs, and other poke-yoke controls.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 1+ year of experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
• 1+ year of experience with data analysis
• 1+ year of experience with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
3 years of experience preferred
• Labor Management Systems and Engineered Standards
• WMS systems
• Time studies
• Pre-determined time and motion system such as MOST
• Distribution center operations
• Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies
• Report generation
• Influence leaders at different levels within the building
• Communicate and present information clearly and succinctly
• Interpersonal skills and able to build effectively partnerships
• Read, understand and recommend action based on P&L or other tracking data
• Local project management
• SQL or other query based data language
• Business intelligence and/or data visualization
• Effectively communicate across different levels, from hourly colleagues to DC leadership
• Design work instructions
-HS Diploma/GED Required
-Bachelor Degree preferred, preferably focused in Industrial Engineering
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website