The Payer Relations Lead Director represents CVS Pharmacy and owns the relationship with assigned Pharmacy Benefit Managers. You will develop and maintain PBM relationships including contract negotiations, contract management and profitability targets specifically related to pharmacy spend and market share. The role and responsibilities of the Lead Director will include strategic account relations, supporting limited to limited/preferred networks, Preferred Part D networks, clinical initiatives, and other pharmacy offerings. The Lead Director will work with executive officers across the company, including daily / weekly contact with the Executive Director of Payer Relations, Vice President of Payer Relations, Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents in Finance, Legal, Retail Operations, Marketing, Real Estate, Specialty and Merchandising. This role will report to the Executive Director of Payer Relations and is fully remote.
You will have the following skills:
• Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and determine our problems and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis and measure success
• Analytical Rigor: capability conducting quantitative portfolio growth analysis
• Financial Acumen: The ability to work within financial models to determine the impact of network reimbursement rates on pharmacy profitability, measure script growth opportunities, and evaluate alternative reimbursement models
• Understanding of Contract Language: Ability to comprehend PBM contracts and identify areas of risk based on existing business and forward-looking industry trends
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 5+ years of professional work experience within Pharmacy Benefit Management or Retail Pharmacy Industry
• 5+ years of experience drafting and negotiating contracts and associated financial frameworks
• 25% travel required for team meetings, PBM on-site visits, and industry conferences
• Passion for Health Care: A history of work in the health care industry and an ongoing desire to make one of the world's strongest health care companies even stronger.
• Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization. Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect.
• Team Leadership: Developed relationship-building skills to foster effective working relations across the Retail Enterprise.
• Influencing others: Must possess the ability to structure useful guidance around complex and far reaching strategy decisions to influence and guide the decisions made by others
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (HS diploma + 4 years of relevant experience)
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website