As a Java Software Engineer, Advisor with CVS Health Platform Innovation, you will participate on an XP Programming Product Team of 6-10 people and work with the team to build high quality, usable products to customers and stakeholders in our new innovation labs. You will help educate both business and technology personnel on the agile and XP development process and create products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery. You will also maintain a user-centered and business as priority approach in design perspective and practice.
A firm understanding of Java development principles and agile methodologies is crucial for success in the role. The position is located in the Scottsdale, AZ office. Candidates must be able to be in the office to work with product teams five days a week.
• Work in a paired programming collaborative environment.
• Design efficient and user-friendly software products to advance and support business needs
• Develop code utilizing test-driven development
• 2+ years with Java development experience
• 2+ years of Java development experience while utilizing one or more these technologies: Spring Boot, Java, Spring MVC, Go, NodeJS, React or similar
• 1+ year of experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts such as Continuous Integration, CI/CD, TDD
• Cloud development experience
• PaaS, SaaS development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
• Will accept High School diploma and equivalent experience in lieu of degree (2 years of professional work experience for every year of college not completed)
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website