As an Industrial Engineer, you will be supporting Retail Distribution Centers. We are looking for candidates who have specialized skills in their field, demonstrated professional maturity as well as the capability to successfully complete complex projects with minimal oversight. This Industrial Engineer will be challenged with broader, more complex, network and supply chain projects, program auditing, act as mentor/trainers for junior engineers, etc. Candidates for this position must consistently exhibit a positive attitude and demeanor as well as serve as a role model of the CVS Values. Candidate must possess sufficient skills to successfully collaborate with other engineers.
Responsibilities of this Industrial Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering support for the establishment of accurate labor standards using time study or equivalent techniques
- Maintain complete standards and methods documentation, perform all scheduled audits. Adjust standards, procedures, and layouts as needed to reflect changes in business requirements, policy and procedure to assure continued accuracy.
- Support of all performance management initiatives
- Improve work methods by analyzing methods and procedures to ascertain the most efficient way to perform all warehouse tasks. (Reducing steps, travel, non-value added time, and waste, deploying best practices, work simplification, staff planning, balancing, and identification/removal of barriers to productivity)
- Optimize material flow (Travel reduction, process balancing, optimizing storage utilization and put-away logic, and efficient slotting)
- Provide Operations team with necessary support and guidance for improving utilization of our resources (Direct and Indirect Labor, equipment, space, etc.)
- Provide technical support for material handling system improvement (configuration, improved capacity, efficiency)
- Monitor and maintain an a deep understanding of variables impacting key performance metrics, contributing input and support to team in achieving targets
- Provide guidance and support for cost reduction projects
- Manage broader, more complex supply chain projects as assigned
- Assist in auditing for network performance management program compliance as assigned
- Assist with mentorship/training of more junior engineers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain labor management or production management system, maintenance of standards
- Support local operations on continuous improvements, analysis, streamlining processes and eliminating waste (labor/cost impact)
- 1+ years of related professional engineering experience
- Experience in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Project
- 1+ years in a distribution/manufacturing environment
- Labor standards system and standard development experience
- Capital expenditure justification and working knowledge of engineering economics
- History of successful project management experience
- Experience with EXE or Infor WMS/LMS or similar WMS/LMS system
- Cognos experience a plus
- ISO 9001 / 2008 experience or Kaisan a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website