The Group Director, Creative, is responsible for leading and developing all members of the creative team (copywriters, designers and art directors) below the level of Associate Creative Director. Their goal is to help each member of the team reach their full creative potential by supporting and encouraging them and helping remove obstacles that are preventing them from doing their best work. They would also be responsible for, working with the Creative Directors and Senior Directors, crafting personalized development plans for each member of the creative team.
This is a leadership position that would require the ability to successfully manage and motivate a large group (40+) of creative professionals. The Creative Group Director must also be able to influence others including senior marketing colleagues, Creative Directors, HR partners and staffing. This individual should have a passion for motivating the team to do innovative, effective marketing communications. A positive, solutions-oriented disposition would be necessary to success in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Recruit full time and contractor creative staff, and meet weekly with resourcing to decide on staff assignments - 10%
2. Build individual development plans for all writers and designers below the ACD level and help drive the plan - 15%
3. Help all creative staff realize their full potential by removing obstacles preventing them from doing their best work - 20%
4. Work with senior director and creative directors to identify the creative capabilities that need to be developed or improved - 15%
5. Meet with staff twice monthly to check in on progress against plan and how they are doing overall, do mid-year and year end reviews for all staff - 40%
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience in account management role or similar
- The creative process and what it takes to build phenomenal campaigns
- Effectively managing creatively people to help them reach their full potential
- Inspire and motivate people and help resolve conflicts that are preventing them from doing their best work
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of how great ad agencies function
- Skills in the retail environment
- Ability to work effectively in a large, complex organization with multiple stakeholders
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not mandatory.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website