If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging analytical/data problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 10 healthcare leader!
As a member of the Retail Analytics team you will be responsible to define the technical strategy and solutions required to drive advanced analytics and reporting. You will lead a team of data engineering professionals to identify the business needs and designing/developing enterprise scale complex data solutions and the processes to manage these systems. You will lead a team to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions, and implement complex big data projects. You will apply a creative mindset to a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and automating data feedback loops in support of business innovation.
The responsibilities of the role include
• Oversee a team of data engineers who will collaborate with in business and technical stakeholders in business units Enterprise Analytics and IT to implement scalable data management solutions that support analytics, data science and business intelligence
• Build the short and long term roadmap for data strategy and governance in support of the retail analytics teams, including clear objectives and action plans-
• Managing data asset procurement/onboarding, and determine allowed data use by closely working with information governance.
• Establishing single source of truth and ensuring adequate level of data quality for key data assets in the integrated data ecosystem in support of critical business initiatives including data from different sources such as Front Store, Retail Pharmacy, external vendor such as Medallia, Minute Clinic and other databases
• Work with IT to plan and oversee development, implementation and deployment of the overall data engineering solutions, ensuring that deliverables align with current and future business strategies and are successfully integrated into existing business processes.
• Develop and drive the strategy and engineering roadmap in close partnership with Retail Finance, HealthHub, Inventory, Marketing analytics teams and other business partners develop appropriate common set of conformed data infrastructure and modernized technology solutions to support the analytic agenda.
• Provide technology leadership and oversee a team data engineers
• Develop and manage the resource forecast and appropriately deploy resources against the top initiatives including leveraging flex capacity model.
• 10+ years of experience building and leading business intelligence, analytics teams comprising of data analysts, data visualization engineers and collaborating with data science function
• Deep technical background in analytics and data engineering & architecture to include Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data from hybrid of Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Cloud solutions ( Azure/AWS etc.) , non-relational (NoSQL, MongoDB etc.) and relational Data Warehouses(Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata) working with multi-Terabyte data sets
• Experience with Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop/Cloud environments
• Experienced at operating in a complex, cross-functional organization or company where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other business and IT teams
• Good understanding of understanding of modern data ingestion/curation/wrangling tools/technologies such as Informatica suite/SQL Server technologies, BI tools such as Tableau / Qlikview
• Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing scalable, distributed systems leveraging cloud computing technologies like Microsoft Azure
• Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
• Experience with Big Data, Data Science, Python/ R
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements. • Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
• Hands on experience with data lake implementations, core modernization and data ingestion.
• Experience with implementing of data science models in production at scale
• Familiarity with Helathcare and/or Retail business
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent experience.
CVS will sponsor for this position
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country's health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website