The Senior Advisor, Data Engineer Cloud role with CVS is embarking on a multi-year journey to redefine the experience for patients and customers interactions. To support this effort, a cross-functional horizontal data engineering team has been formed within the various lines of business (PBM, Retail etc.). This team is tasked with rapidly building, testing, and scaling high-priority use cases that drive incremental business value. These use cases require significant advances in the analytical models, supporting data structures, and data features leveraged to deliver targeted interventions to patients and customers, influencing and building data products. As a core member of the data engineering team, you will be part of building the foundational analytics platform components, managing cloud components and help in designing a cost model to monitor cloud usages. You will also be working in performance re-engineering on a cloud platform and help with performance optimization of the data pipelines.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, or related field with 8+ years of professional or business analytics experience; or Master's Degree with 3+ years of experience in:
• Designing and building a cost model to monitor cloud usage
• Working as a lead on a large-scale cloud implementation
• Managing cloud components, including cluster management, Kubernetes, or other containerized services, storage, and workspace management
• Spark tuning or equivalent performance re-engineering on a big data platform
• Selection of infrastructure components such as GPU's or CPU's based on the job/compute needs
• Working with platform teams (Azure or GCP) in resolving technical platform issues impacting big data applications
• Translating analytical problems into structured programs, including PySpark or Scala
• Designing data models and solutions for analytical and reporting use cases
• Presenting to audiences including technical, non-technical, and senior leaders
• Leading cross functional initiatives and communicating effectively and confidently with business partners, project team members, and senior management
• Previous healthcare experience and domain knowledge
• Experience working with data and understand analytics and how it is leveraged within the healthcare/retail industry
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, or related field or Advanced Degree
• Preferred: Master's Degree with coursework focused on advanced algorithms, mathematics in computing, data structures, etc.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website