As the Authorization Supervisor you will have the ability to assist in planning process improvement, organizing, and controlling the activities of the Benefits & Authorization department to ensure patient benefits are verified in accordance with the company guidelines and that patients expectations are met to achieve exceptional customer service and business profitability.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in supervisory role skills to oversee and deliver the direction of the management team with respect to medical insurance requirements, authorizations, customer service and pharmacy benefits operations.
The Supervisor is accountable for service performance, customer satisfaction and financial performance and must have a proven track record of successful outcomes with responding to inquiries or complaints from customers, healthcare providers, and/or members.
This is a full-time, salaried benefited position and is NOT through an agency.
Typical work hours for this role are Monday – Friday, between 8:30AM – 5:30PM, with some after hours and weekend work required.
Challenge your healthcare training or current customer services skills to make a difference in a patient's life by explaining by leading a team of Customer Service reps in initiating the referral process and answering questions from patients and caregivers on their admissions status.
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a Fortune 5 company and national leader in the home infusion and enteral fields. This is uniquely rewarding opportunity putting your skills and experiences to work supporting an innovative specialty pharmacy operation.
-Three years supervisory experience managing benefits/authorization team
- Ability to work in teams and coordinate work efforts
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of copay arena and foundational support for patients
- Ability to work and present to all levels of leadership
- 3-5 years Specialty Benefits and Authorization experience
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- 5-8 years Specialty Benefits and Authorization experience
High School Diploma or GED
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website