The Senior Manager will lead transformational change in the Novologix area to move from Service Oriented Architecture to Microservices. This includes implementing XP development and CI/CD practices. This role will also involve managing the Novologix product and implementing cloud native solution.
You will manage the relationship between IT and business area owners to ensure that the IT department is proactively identifying and providing strategic opportunities to advance the business goals of the area through technology. The Application Development Senior manager will direct an organization of other managers, application leads and key technologists (analysts / developers) who identify, design and deliver technology solutions to achieve the defined business value.
Provide leadership and direction for IT team being accountable for product performance, service delivery, and end-user satisfaction
• Accountable for working with IT colleagues to ensure that all IT resources needed to support the development and maintenance of applications in their area are effectively coordinated.
• Manage the relationship with clients in their assigned business area, consulting on the most effective utilization of technology and proactively managing expectations.
• Lead the evaluation, selection and integration of vendor packages with a focus on IT asset, service and automation technology solutions.
• Drive innovation and creative solutions to business challenges
• Drive the evaluation of benefits and the investment required to achieve results.
• Perform the role of IT Project Owner for the large program size initiatives.
• Resource Planning, Scheduling and Forecasting
• Provide high level management, coaching and mentoring to create an environment which encourages accountability and strong staff development; manage the hiring, training, motivating, and retaining of top talent in the IT field both on site and in remote locations
• Metrics management: develop, communicate, and manages a comprehensive portfolio metrics package to presented to executive leadership
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Experience with working with other managers to maximize reuse of work and data, share knowledge and expertise, identify opportunities to streamline and improve the consistency of work processes, and effectively support work efforts that span multiple applications areas.
• Experience in the development and management of an annual budget, including financial analysis. Establishes and reports on project and service level metrics to ensure that work is delivered efficiently, effectively and that processes are continually improved for both the internal and external customer.
• Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
• Ability to maintain an awareness of new developments in IT asset, service and automation technology that can add value to the IT Department. Also, able to maintain an awareness of changes in CVS business strategies, and those of competitors, and their implications for information systems.
• Knowledge of Healthcare Insurance and PBM.
• Ability to develop a team committed to customer service.
• 10+ years of IT experience.
• 5+ years leading or managing teams.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of IT asset discovery and inventory processes, application systems, products, and services.
• Proven leadership skills around resource planning, delegating, estimating and prioritizing work.
• Understanding of IT security and compliance remediation activities.
• Demonstrated ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to audiences at senior leadership levels.
• Proven success maximizing the potential of employees via coaching and focused development.
• Proven knowledge and understanding of the software development lifecycle.
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website