This position demands that the qualified candidate be able to thrive in a highly agile and demanding environment.
• Assist the CVS Health application team with all aspects of software and database design and coding.
• Well versed with Scaled Agile Framework Methodology
• Maintain UDF applications and contribute to the development of new applications utilizing various technologies – including, but not limited to: Big Integrate, GCP, Hive, Pyspark, Teradata, and various Cloud technologies.
• Attending and contributing to application team, department, and corporate meetings as necessary.
• Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
• Writing and maintaining code.
• Working on minor bug fixes – determining the root cause, solutions, and implementation for code deficiencies.
• Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
• Responding to requests from the development team as well as business partners.
• Gathering information from business partners about program functionality and capabilities.
• Conducting development tests cases, executing performance and quality assurance testing, participating in code reviews.
• Requires 3-5 year of prior experience in the technology field or equivalent education at a college / university / technology school
• Requires 3-5 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects in IT industry
• Basic programming experience/exposure (i.e. Big Integrate, Hadoop Hive, Unix Scripts, GCP or similar Cloud Technology)
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to learn new software and technologies both independently and quickly
• Proven ability to follow instructions, work in a team-oriented environment
• Knowledge of SQL, OS scripting (Unix/Linux/Windows)
• Experience with relational & non-relational data warehouse tools
• Working knowledge of SDLC and Scrum/Agile development principles and methodologies
• Familiarity with cloud computing (Microsoft Azure & GCP)
Bachelor's degree (preferred majors: Math, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or similar) or additional equivalent technical IT Background
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website