We are looking for a Java Developer responsible for API development and relational database integration. Your primary focus will be to develop functionality and features in a specialty pharmacy system, with a focus on performance, reliability, and maintainability. You will work in a fast paced environment for a growing business. You will work in a team with back-end developers supporting all phases of the pharmacy business. A thorough understanding of all of the components of application development and infrastructure is required
Responsibilities include -
• Delivering a complete application that will be used by technicians, pharmacists and staff to process prescriptions and related activities.
• Ensuring high performance on backend applications
• Design, code, test and document Java APIs.
5+ years of overall IT experience including the following:
• Least 2-3 years Specialty pharmacy experience including the below.
• Extensive experience (5+ years) in Java 7/8 SE
• Experience with an ORM framework such as JPA or Hibernate (5+ years)
• Experience with unit testing frameworks Junit or Mockito (5+ years)
• Experience with Spring Boot (2+ years)
• Experience with Microservices development (2+ years)
• Experience with Maven/Gradle
• Professional, precise communication skills
• Experience in API designing, troubleshooting, and tuning for performance
• Basic AIX/ Unix experience.
• Java 7/8 OCA or OCP is preferred.
• UI development experience (Angular 2+)
• Consul Service Discovery and Configuration.
• SSL and JSON Web tokens knowledge is preferred
• Zuul proxy Server.
• Feature branching or continuous integration practices
• Experience working with JAVA API interactions with Oracle RDMS is preferred.
• Experience in health care or pharmacy related industries is preferred.
• Familiarity with RDBMS SQL Developer tools
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent disciplines. Will accept a verifiable H.S. diploma / GED with one year of relevant work experience for every year of college not attained in addition to required years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website